The Benefits and Requirements of Gallery X Membership:
- Submit artwork to all Gallery X exhibitions free of charge.
- Submit proposals for small group or one person shows in either the Main Gallery or the Douglass Gallery.
- Curate special themed exhibitions and installations
- Receive discounted rates for space rentals.
- Have permanent representation in the Gallery Store.
- Receive a 10% discount on all Gallery X purchases.
Members are required to:*
- Attend monthly meetings, every second Wednesday of the month at 7 pm.
- Participate in gallery activities and operations.
- Gallery sit once a month.
* Members who do not fulfill their participatory obligations for one quarter will be charged the non-active fee.
How to Become a Member:
- Stop by, take a look and pick up a membership application at Gallery X (or you can download the PDF).
- Fill out your membership application and attach résumé or biographical information
- Bring photographs, slides, or samples of your work and your membership application to a Gallery X members meeting, held the second Wednesday of every month at 7:00 pm in the Main Gallery.
- Be prepared to discuss your artwork with the members at the beginning of the meeting.
- You are welcome to stay for the rest of the meeting to gain an understanding of how our cooperative is run.
- We will vote on your application at the end of the meeting and you will be notified of the members' decision regarding your application.
- Active membership: $120
- Student Membership Fee: $100
- Senior Membership Fee: $100
- Special Needs Membership Fee: $100
- Family Membership Fee: $150
- Non-active fee: $80 + applicable membership fee.
(For members who cannot participate in gallery activities but want full privileges and benefits of membership.)
Payments can be made in full or bi-annually
- Gallery X will receive 25% commission on members' works sold.
- Payments for artwork will be made to Gallery X and artist will receive payment in the month following the sale.
- Non-member exhibition fee is $10 per piece exhibited (exceptions apply to small crafts and jewelry)
- Non-member sales commission: 35%